The complete guide to available therapies for individuals suffering from osteoarthritis and other arthritic diseases.
• The most up-to-date information on this disease that strikes one in six people.
• Includes case histories, practitioners' perspectives, and a complete resource guide to the organizations, publications, and Internet sites devoted to arthritis.
For those suffering from arthritis and other arthritic diseases such as gout and fibromyalgia, The Arthritis Bible is the most up-to-date and complete resource to available treatments–both alternative and conventional. Forty-three million Americans–one in six of us–are afflicted with arthritis, yet the traditional medical community continues to offer only the limited number of treatments found within the narrowly proscribed boundaries of Western medicine. And while many alternative therapies do provide relief, too many have become victims of the "flavor-of-the-month" mentality, their true merits being lost amidst hype and unwarranted claims before adequate research has been done.
The Arthritis Bible supplies the latest wisdom on conventional drugs, exercise, physical therapy, diet, vitamins and minerals, traditional herbs, nutraceuticals, homeopathy, and folk remedies. It also advises how to choose the right medical approach and practitioner, and includes a complete resource guide to the organizations, publications and internet sites devoted to arthritis. For anyone seeking relief from the painful and often debilitating consequences of arthritic diseases, The Arthritis Bible is a must for the shelf.
- Paperback: 244 pages
- Publisher: Healing Arts Press; 1st edition (April 15, 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0892818255
- ISBN-13: 978-0892818259
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.6 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12.6 ounces